b Feeling the Space...: CT bellwether?

Feeling the Space...

2006-08-08

CT bellwether?


Today is the Connecticut primary. I'm really hoping for a Lamont win. This could be a sign of the new emergence of a new Democrat Party - one in which there is backbone and ideals that will stand up to the fascism of the Neocons that seem to have a death grip on all three branches currently. I'm worried about things, though. Is CT a state controlled by Diebold? ESS? Do they have touch screens? Optic scan systems? What if every state becomes another Ohio? (Here in Oregon we have 100% vote-by-mail elections. All paper ballots. I have no idea how/if my vote is counted. I'm supposed to have an "official" signature on my ballot. Well, I've seen my signature for several years now. I want to know who is going to look at that signature and determine whether or not it's valid.) ... OK. Away from OR and back to CT. Does Lamont losing mean that the mainstream media is going to paint the anti-war Demorats as losers? I think there could be repercussions for the current admin that there may be some undue influence on the outcome of this election. I'm just nervous.

update: finally added image- blogger was being cranky and wouldn't do it before.

2 Comments:

  • hey, here in oregon I've seen election coverage showing voluteers (usually older retirees) checking the signatures on ballots to what's on file

    on another note, I am so sick of seeing lieberman's face all over the news... smarmy wilted little weasel

    By Blogger my pants, at 20:07  

  • yes! I was trying to form a description of the smug self-obsessed ... something. Now I can finish that sentence with smarmy wilted little weasel!

    By Blogger Russ, at 13:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home