b Feeling the Space...: Getting my 'sea legs' back

Feeling the Space...

2006-11-28

Getting my 'sea legs' back

I've been thinking of a subject for a post. And thinking some more... So many changes, such little time...
I'm still reeling from the election results (almost a month ago!). I'm not used to "winning".

Shocking to realize that the last "win" was November 1992! That was moving day. Lisa and I were sharing an apartment in NW Portland. Between trips to & from the truck, the election was called for Clinton. Wow! 12 LONG years ago! Of course he was re-elected in 1996 - but the Republican congress was also reinforced in that election cycle. By that time the already long-winded Whitewater time&money waster was about to spin into "Monica-gate" or whatever you want to refer to that as.

This is the most politically aware I've ever been, and the most involved. I don't mean as in a campaign or a cause but as in personally having so much at stake - we all do. The freedoms and values that we've always been taught that this country stands for are at stake for our future and especially the future of the next generation. I don't/won't/can't have children, but I have plenty of children in my live. Love & care for each & every one as if they were my own. I hope they get to live in a world without surveillance of their every move and thought. I hope they will not accept a world like that. We can never allow ourselves to be complacent again. We've seen what 10 years of a Republican congress can accomplish. We've seen what 6 years of Republican control of every branch of government will bring. Please. Never again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home